Saturday, March 31, 2012

Eleven years today

Dear Dad,

There is no way to express how much I miss you. I see you in the strangest places, and in the most unexpected moments I think of you. I am 39 now, you have been gone eleven years. I have two little kids and two older ones also. I think you would be proud of me, Vanessa and Linnea. Linnea continues to make the farm more and more amazing. Last year, she restored the stone wall and put in a slate pool. Vanessa has a beautiful baby boy in still lives in NYC with her husband. She has been accepted to grad school in the fall, I don't know how she will do it all. I guess Mom taught her how. I live in Mexico now and am very happy here, I think of Catica often. I went to visit Dicki in Tarrytown a few months ago, she is still alive but doesn't remember who I am or who anyone is...

Life will never be the same without you. You are my Dad.

Love, Bekke

5 comments:

nea in Brighton said...

Hiya Buk. It's a gunnite pool, but no nevermind, it will be ready this summer. I cannot believe that it has been 11 years. Holy moly. I miss Dad too.

Jennifer K said...

Beautiful tribute

Vanessa von Hessert said...

This made me cry. Thinking of Dad, about what it might be like if he were alive today -- it's a tough thing to face. Thank you for writing this, Bekke.

I love you, Dad. I love you, Mom. I love you too, Bekke and Linnea.

Vanessa von Hessert said...

You look so much like dad, Bekke.

Bradley said...

I am certain he would be so proud of you and your sisters...