Monday, December 6, 2010

A holiday treat for you

Thought it would be a good idea to blog this most awesome recipe that we got from our late stepmother Barbara. Follow to exact measurements and the lightest fluffiest shortbread ever will result. Happy holidays everyone.


1 cup butter


1/2 cup icing sugar


1/2 cup cornstarch


1 tsp vanilla


1 cup pastry flour

have butter soft and blend in with electric beater until foamy. Mix dry ingredients and add gradually to butter and beat after each addition. Add vanilla, beat again.
Drop by the teaspoonful on a buttered pan and bake at 275 C, drop a speck of cherry in the middle for colour if you like. Do not brown! Do not sift and for some reason Barb says do not double...

Bake for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.

Love,
Mama
xoxox

6 comments:

Vanessa von Hessert said...

Thank you! Love it. I'm going to double it anyway. I'll let you know what happens. :P

kelly said...

I have never made shortbread, but this recipe seems easy enough for even me! Thanks for posting :)

Bradley said...

This is from DeDe, "I want."

one happy family said...

lol. Kelly this recipe IS easy, my stepmother didn't do much in the kitchen but she had a few gooders and this was on the top o' the list.

Orange Girl said...

Um.... if it did that to Emily, I don't want to know what it would do to me! Probably not safe to have about the house since I only fit into 2 pairs of pants as it is. :)

Vanessa von Hessert said...

I doubled it and it worked fine. I ate too much dough after working out AND skipping lunch and the two cups of raw dough that made it into my tummy gave me nausea and a horrible headache, so I advise against doing that. These cookies don't ship well, by the way. That was a silly idea. Anyway, yummers! Thanks for posting, Buk! :)