Friday, July 10, 2009

I really have a hate-on for these deer...


Ok, these stupid deer came back AGAIN last night!!! I am sooooooooo mad!!!! 
They are RUINING my roses :( I sprayed them until there was white spray spots 
on the blooms. What do I do? It's WAR! I am going to buy chicken wire today and Brad says he will set off some fireworks in the middle of the night to scare them off, do you think that will work?
HELP! I hate deer!!!!!
Please,  to my five readers is there anything YOU can suggest?





8 comments:

Vanessavh said...

I love Bambi.

one happy family said...

thanks Vanessa

one happy family said...

shall I direct them to NYC to your rooftop patio to eat all of your new expensive bamboo you planted? :)

Jennifer Kramer said...

Two things I have heard of that work 1)Human hair. May sound odd but apparently it works. Ask a barber shop for some and spread it around the area. Should keep them out. Not sure how long you will need to do that before they stop coming around.
2) Grating a bar of strong smelling soap like Ivory.

Those are the two I know of.

Jenn K ( IAG)

one happy family said...

Thanks Jennifer, I had read about human hair and it just sounded so creepy. I will try it now.

Orange Girl said...

My parents have fruit trees that the deer love to eat. They've tried cat hair (probably similar to the human hair thing) and CDs hung from the tree (supposedly the light glinting from them scare away the deer). Nothing seems to work for long except for netting to physically keep them from getting to the trees. Hope you find a solution that works for the roses!

Jennifer Kramer said...

So how goes the deer problem?

one happy family said...

no action for the past few nights, but that may just be because they ate all the good stuff for now!